September 25, 2023 - September 29, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Setting up the Rifle
- The Prone Position
- Recoil Management
- First and Second Focal Plane Scope Discussion
- Mils/MOA Units of Adjustment
- Exterior Ballistic Basics
- Wind Basics
- Gathering Dope
- Ballistic Computer Software
- Record Keeping – Databooks
- Engaging Targets from 100 to 500 yards
- Intro to Alternate Positions and Using a Tripod
This class will meet at the Grinnell Police Department.
Agency will be invoiced after class completion. ILEA does not accept pre-payment at this time.
Equipment Needed: Range clothing, ball cap, body armor (if issued), sniper rifle with optics, 500 rounds of rifle ammunition, binoculars and any other equipment issued for deployment of sniper. Rain gear is also recommended.
Venue: Grinnell Police Department